Monday, August 29, 2011

Aunt Fun

I had the pleasure of getting to Skype with my sister and her ca-razy family after work today. Man do I love those girls! Those 15 minutes put me in such a happy mood for the rest of the night (so much so that I even mopped tonight...on a Monday!). Tomorrow my youngest niece turns 3...which does not seem right! Happy birthday to my sweet stinker 3-year-old niece!
(Is she not the most adorable thing you've ever seen?)

Now let me just say that being a mom brings the greatest joy. And being an aunt...is right up there, too! One of the hardest parts of living across the country is being away from my two nieces. I miss them everyday! Kyle and I love the way they talk (even when it's sassy) and we often find ourselves using their language. "Anna did you know...?" and "Connor is a fat baby." and "Big Red is a roosta!" and "Bouncer you are a boxer that don't bark. Doug Teachey is gonna spank your hiney if you don't stop barking!" I love getting my hair and nails done from them and attempting to do theirs as well. And one of my favorite things is the seeing what dress-up clothes they will march down the stairs in next. They are allll girl and I love everything about them. It has been so fun watching them grow. I am so thankful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment