Monday, May 9, 2011

Busy Busy Life...

Towards the end of April we jetted off to Atlanta for about a week. We were able to spend some time with my family, which is always fun...and entertaining, especially when Connor gets with his wild and crazy cousins. Here's a little peek at what our trip entailed.

One of my favorite parts of our trip was getting to see some of our lifelong friends. We have known and loved this family our entire lives and many of my childhood memories includes them. We're now spread around the country, but we all made it home for Easter.
What started as this...

Has now multiplied to this...
There are 18 of us...18!! That's just crazy!

We ventured back and life has yet to calm down. Last February I had a weird spot appear on my leg that turned out to be melanoma. I've been sporting a pretty nasty scar since, but someone recently encouraged me to view the scar as a reminder of God's faithfulness in healing my body. About a month or so ago, my dermatologist found a mole on my back that seemed abnormal. Sure enough, melanoma again. I was pretty discouraged when I first got the news that I was going to have to do this all over again. I had so many encouraging cards, texts, e-mails from friends and family...and so many reminders that God's got this. I had the procedure last week and am healing well.

In the same week we celebrated my birthday and Mother's Day. Connor's new favorite saying is "Happy Day!" He is just growing so fast...I love every moment with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment