Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring...

Is here! Connor absolutely loves to be outside and I am so thankful that we're not stuck inside because of the cold anymore. Everyday when we get home from work, I give Connor a cracker and we head straight for the back door. It makes for a happier baby and a much cleaner house.
I got a new camera for Christmas and then took this awesome photography workshop back in January. That, along with all of the blooming flowers, has gotten me quite hooked on getting behind the lens. Poor Connor...he must be sick of it, but he's handling it pretty well (sometimes).


Since we bought our house, Kyle has really enjoyed yard work. And thank goodness because I have no green in my thumbs! I do, however, love a nice, manicured lawn. One of his first big projects was last year when he built a raised flower bed. Just in the past few days, the bed as been filled with lots of beautiful color!

Last week we came home from some friends' house, only to find two big piles of what I thought was dirt. Turns out it was decomposed granite and I had no idea what it was for, but Kyle was very excited about it. He worked hard the next day to haul all of it to our side yard, which went from being a big muddy mess to this...

He even added this little vegetable garden. He wants to be like my brother-in-law and grow corn, watermelon, and baseball-bat-sized zucchinis. Just kidding...I mean who would actually grow that in their yard??

Where I grew up, we used pine straw to cover the ground between the shrubbery. In our yard we're using humus. My description to my dad was "chopped up tree bark." Connor was such a big help today spreading the new humus!



Connor is really growing and learning new things. I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store for us this spring!


"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven..." Ecclesiastes 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment