Friday, February 4, 2011

Super C

Anybody that knows my son knows that he gets into EVERYTHING! We can't leave anything lying around that we don't want to be used as a toy. And let me tell ya...he is alllllll boy! It's funny how even at such a young age, God is already shaping him into a little man. He loves all types of balls and I must say...he's got a pretty good arm for such a little guy. Every Wednesday morning he stands at the front door glued to the trash trucks. You would think Mickey Mouse was driving the truck because he's just in awe of them. Recently he discovered my t-shirt drawer. Oh what fun this has been! I have found some of my t-shirts in the most random places. The funny things is, he would try to wear the shirt around his shoulders like a cape. Like I said...all boy!

His t-shirt-cape infatuation got my creative juices flowing and I decided to attempt to make him a real cape. I got a sewing/embroidery machine last year for my birthday, but I'm very much a novice. My mom has been sewing for as long as I can remember and my sister started several years ago, so I had some encouragement. I knew I couldn't create it without step-by-step instructions, so I turned to my faithful friend Google and found this awesome blog. My nerdy mathematician hubby helped me with the measurements and within about 4 hours I had this...

I was very anxious for my little buddy to try it on, so as soon as he woke up I put it on him. And what do you know...he would have nothing to do with it. Well, not until his daddy modeled it first...

Such a great daddy! Now he loves his cape!!

1 comment: